Search the forum,

Discuss Click click click click click cliclk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, been to see a Main Combi 30HE today that won't fire up. I've not come across this problem before. When powered up & call for heat, the fan starts, aps makes, pump starts then dhw led flashes accompanied by a repeated click click click as the hydraulic differential pressure pin & switch kicks in & out constantly. That's as far as it goes. Checked the switch is making & breaking electrically, seems fine. Dhw priority pin & switch doing what they should. I'm told it had the diverter replaced in the last year but was working fine. Ideas welcome please

its the diverter solonoid
take it off, push a bolt down on the pin in the diverter valve to check all else works.
then check the pin on the solonoid comes in and out.

I believe so Gas Man. Redsaw - just checked mi's, I couldn't find any ref to a diverter solenoid

I believe so Gas Man. Redsaw - just checked mi's, I couldn't find any ref to a diverter solenoid
does not have one martins thinking of a band a,now with a insulated screwdriver or apprentice you held up the rear microswitch what happens then?

Didn't get that far, was getting late & I was starving! Custards on their jollies for a week but I'm going back at some point in the week, got a neighbour to let me in, I'll have a bit more time to play with it then

Didn't get that far, was getting late & I was starving! Custards on their jollies for a week but I'm going back at some point in the week, got a neighbour to let me in, I'll have a bit more time to play with it then
ok its important you check this if it runs the small diaphragm is split,pins sticking, or orifice under its blocked,if t does not run i would be looking for water ingress into the pcb especially if a dv has been changed the dhw light should not be flashing at all

i hate it when he chats like this, I have to be sitting there to work my way through fault finding, still he's quite good even if his taste in car colours isnt:)

Pin's not stuck, as I said in op, it's up & down like a drunken fiddler's elbow! Checked pcb ( it's the easiest place to electrically check the aps! ) dry as dust. So we're down to orifice or blockage then? Advance warning Gas Man - I'm off out back for a burn & to pour another tinny, back in about 6mins! :smiley2:

Pin's not stuck, as I said in op, it's up & down like a drunken fiddler's elbow! Checked pcb ( it's the easiest place to electrically check the aps! ) dry as dust. So we're down to orifice or blockage then? Advance warning Gas Man - I'm off out back for a burn & to pour another tinny, back in about 6mins! :smiley2:
lifting the microswitch will rule out the small flowswitch,a dry pcb does not mean it did not get wet when the dv was changed and now corrosion's set in,what you try next will depend on what direction the faults going,but i dont like the dhw tap flashing this is not a instant is it?

i hate it when he chats like this, I have to be sitting there to work my way through fault finding, still he's quite good even if his taste in car colours isnt:)
thats a sore point,wifeys burnt the clutch out,mechanic has confirmed the slave cylinders melted,only thing that causes that is riding the clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Click click click click click cliclk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi there We have a heated towel rail in our bathroom - Heller brand (well the switch is anyway). Was installed about 10 years ago. We have on a timer, comes on in the morning and back again in the afternoon, overall works well. However the Heller Switch / controller has been making a...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
I am trying to troubleshoot a Baxi Luna 3 Combi boiler 8 years old, that is not making any hot water. It is in a customers second home, and receives little usage. Over 2 days, hot water was getting less hot, until now none at all. When I call for heat, and the unit fires fine. There are no...
Replies
Views
Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops to prevent overheating of the internal section of system. No fault or error code are displayed. Suspicion: 3-way changeover valve assy. So I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock