Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning out plate hex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been using fx2 and boiling water and it seems to do the job OK but I have had one or 2 that have needed to come out and be cleaned again.

I know a guy who thinks it's a waste of time and he just replaces them but I've only had a couple that I couldn't clear because they were too bad.

What do you use for cleaning out plates?

Anyone use brick acid?

Never tried one shot but its supposed to be quite good anyone use that?

Thanks

You tried a pressure washer ? You will laugh but I once took one out and went to the local jet wash blasted it out load of black shi-e flushed out, refitted it and hey presto worked a treat :D :D :D . Kop

I use fx2 the same as you and never had an issue. Are you just cleaning the plate or do you give the system a flush out too?

Just cleaning the plate is what I mean not a system flush. Fx 2 normally does the job, was more wondering if brick acid is any better.

What am I'm saying is, if your just cleaning the hex without flushing the system, it's soon going to clog up again.

Yes thanks, I realise this. I can always advise the system needs flushing and clean the hex out separately but realistically not every customer is going to want the system flushed. If it was down to me it would be a system flush but how many blokes remove the plate and clean it out and hw is OK and don't hear anything back.

Reply to Cleaning out plate hex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
G
Morning Guys, I have a Worcester 230 Combi in a rental property that is going to overheat lockout after a couple of minutes on DHW, no issue when on CH but if DHW is called for when heating is on same fault occurs. System is clean as always had inhibitor so unlikely to be a blocked heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads are not connected up to the heating system which is a combi fed system. I thought it would be good practice to clean, flush, refill and use an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock