Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning out a dated system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

CMD

Hey!
I'm looking for advice on cleaning out a system, I want to put in something like Sentinel X800 and also a magnacleaner to fully clean it out, the house could be 70yrs old and the pipework 30yrs old, the pipework has been replaced in places and leaks cured but to fully utilise the heat from an open fire with a back boiler I want to have everything working to it's maximum, I don't know if the cleaning fluid would be too powerful without more damage or which is the best magnacleaner - which I will have to reduce from inch pipe to 3/4 to accommodate it, there seems to be no opinions on which cleaner is best on the web

Thanks

Reply to Cleaning out a dated system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads are not connected up to the heating system which is a combi fed system. I thought it would be good practice to clean, flush, refill and use an...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock