Search the forum,

Discuss Choosing UFH pipe for screed in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello

I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products.

I'm doing two zones, one 127m the other 70m, both will be under screed.

JG barrier pipe will cost £400 but Pert-Evoh-Pert is only £170. Both say they are 15mm but I'm not sure if this ties you down into their manifolds.

Floorwarms do entire kits for £650 whereas if I continue with JG it will be £1300 without the controls

Obviously, once the screed is down there will be no possibility of correcting any pipe mistakes, but on the other hand, I dont want to overpay.

Any help on choosing brands and pipe type will be greatly appreciated

Mlcp I would use eg pert al pert

@Uheat – Jake cab supply you some good quality tweetop mlcp and euro cones for the manifold

As Shaun mentions drop Uheat a call and they'll spec it and do pipe layouts for you. We use MLCP for UFH and loads of general plumbing, it's great and really easy to work with. I've done dozens of full ground floor UFH systems through them and all work exactly as you would want.

Reply to Choosing UFH pipe for screed in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with a newly installed UFH system. There are 2 manifolds, one with 5 loops, the other with 9. Both are made by Herz, model no 1732007. Pump is a Wilo Yonic Para something something. Boiler is Vaillant Elo Block 14. My trouble is that setting the TMV to its minimum...
Replies
Views
Done a fair bit of reading and spoke to numerous plumbers/heating engineers and I get so many different answers to my question. By nature I'm a pretty inquisitive bloke and like to know how things work and if its the best way to do things. So my first question is does a single zone UFH setup...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping someone can comment on whether what I see happening at my UFH manifold is OK, or whether there is cause for concern. I'm not an expert on underfloor heating, Our system was fitted about 10 years ago and has worked flawlessly with zero issues all this time. As you can hopefully see...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock