Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chlorine filter under sink query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels.

My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the same cold water pipe is also connected to the washing machine, when the washing machine is on will the filter still be used as it will be fitted on the same cold water pipe?

I have attached photos of the pipes under the sink and the top pipe is the hot water pipe and the one below it is the cold water pipe with the stopcock .

I would ideally prefer the filter not to interfere with the washing machine pipe but unfortunately there is just one cold pipe under the sink and the other cold pipe which lead to the kitchen tap are too short and the filter won't fit on them.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am in two minds to whether get the filter fitted on the pipe or have a under the sink filter which has a a separate tap for drinking water.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_151713_927.jpg
    IMG_20230618_151713_927.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230618_151705_432.jpg
    IMG_20230618_151705_432.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Depends how sensitive you are to it is it a drinking issue or is it a contact issue ?

hi, it is a drinking issue and not so much contact with skin. Every time I drink tap water I come out in hives and a rash, I got tested for it and the high chlorine levels were positive. Before I lived in another flat and it had very low levels of chlorine and I didn't have any issues with it, my body has changed since I had an accident and it isn't as strong as it used to be.

I would recommend getting either a britter water container or getting a drinking tap fitted eg with the appropriate filter

Any recommendations on which Brita water jug or water filter for taps as I have seen so many online but don't know which one would be best especially in reducing chlorine as that is the main issue. I have a single lever tap in the kitchen so a filter which fits on that would be ideal.

Thanks again

Reply to Chlorine filter under sink query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock