Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chlorinated Water from Taps - Do I filter it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@Lou and I have an issue with out water. It's often Chlorinated heavily. Sometimes not so bad. Too often to guarantee a nice glass of water, but not often enough to get bloody used to it. So I keep noticing it.

Now I've looked online, and a filter seems to be the way to go. I aren't going to filter the whole house, just the cold tap in the kitchen. So nothing too fancy.

Which one should I get?

Any recommendations?

I saw one that you put on the end of your tap

I wouldn’t say that was any good

Neh or me. I was going to plumb one in the 15mm copper to the cold tap.

Ignore Lou there's no way I'm rocking a didlo tap. 😂

Can I plumb such a thing after the cold comes into the house or will that just mean I need to replace it more often? Because I wouldn't mind a bath without bleach every now and again lol

Damn it neither water bars are in stock so can't see price how much are they?

If you want to totally get rid of it have a look at reverse osmosis whole house filters

You could get a 3 way tap fitted Dan brita do them hot ,cold and filtered all on one tap heres a couple I have fitted not cheap but you get what you pay for in the end . Regards kop

Attachments

• IMG-20180802-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180802-WA0002.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20161129_145328.jpg
    20161129_145328.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20161129_145338.jpg
    20161129_145338.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20180802-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180802-WA0001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180806_142136.jpg
    20180806_142136.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Reply to Chlorinated Water from Taps - Do I filter it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock