Search the forum,

Discuss Check Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Mechanica

Just been given a price book on a domestic new build, what do you think? Seems low to me but work is tight

2nd Fix entire plot £225
  • Bathroom (Bath, Basin with Ped, Close Coupled WC)
  • Hang 9 Rads (Connects to 10mm barrier pipe/inserts-pushfit Hep)
  • WC Cloakroom (Hand Basin with Ped and Close Coupled WC)
Kitchen Carcass £10

WC Cloak Carcass £12

Bathroom Carcass £15

Install Wall Mouted System Boiler £100 (Including all pipework)

Install 150 Litre Unvented Hot Water Storage Cylinder £130(Including all pipework)

I think the book must of been printed and given to you by your main contractor.tell him nice try:D

If not and you got book from somewhere else,try getting your money back :p

The price book was made by the Building Services Engineer for the Plumbing Contractor. Te Main Contractor is Bellway Homes, they have nothing to do with the prices. Watkins Plumbing are the firm. What do you think of those prices? Feel I'm working my nuts off to earn average?

but pity whoever moves in as the snagging list will go on forever, omho

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you've hit the nail on the head there, might have to get out of this house bashing malarky

100 for boiler we get 25.00 plus 5.00 for core hole and 10.00 for flue. Unvented cylinder all pipework expansion vessel etc 85.00 incl battens for clips. 10.00 per rad all piped in copper top and bottom opposite ends. Full bathroom 65.00.

2003 Davis wilson homes price list.

radiators (in plastic) tails already there, £12 per rad, (I cxould do 11 rads for lunch time).

cloak room, basin and toilet £80.
bathroom, basin w.c and bath £120.
unvented cylinder £150.
Boiler and flue £80.
kitchen sink and water meter £65.

1st fix 4 bed detched house average £700, (doable in 3 days)

What firm's that? I'll make sure I avoid them :D

You work in London though?

jesus, are these the rates a company pay there employees who are on the books?.
what is there contracting out price of the plumbing company?.
think you will find they will go another 20% at a push, imo. break it down to hours, what do you get less materials?.

Blackcatgas, they're not too shabby prices

Nah Redsaw, these are for Self Employed Subbies

In two weeks, me and my mate have 2nd fixed 11 flats (slowed down due to materials and HA wanting to take their time over which way round they wanted the WC and Basin to go :mad: )

Some of the flats don't have a WC Cloak and so are £135 for just bathroom and 9 rads.

We booked the carcass's too and we're barely making end meet really.

But, the employed blokes get £125 a day, and £135 if Gas regisered plus the usual holiday and sick pay stuff.

One of their plumbers took 1 and half weeks to 2nd fix a single plot, good if you can get away with it hey! lol

For those prices obviously materials supplied. All done on pricework company not happy paying dayrate (8.50hr)

you have to do what you have to.
how high do you like your barrell?.

the contractor is playing, knowing that someone will bend for the work. pity really, cause if no one did the prices will go up untill some one goes for it. like black cat says, those prices are nearly 10 years old, thats bad news.

Yeah, all materials are supplied (not always on time mind, lol)

They do have a core staff but are not employing at the mo or I'd snap it up.

They are Watkins Plumbing [DLMURL]http://www.cwatkins.co.uk/cmsIndex.php[/DLMURL], based in Kent they work in London and Kent.

As you probably guessed, all the plumbers complain at the prices, so thought I'd put it on here to see what you all thought.

Blackcatgas, they're not too shabby prices

Nah Redsaw, these are for Self Employed Subbies

In two weeks, me and my mate have 2nd fixed 11 flats (slowed down due to materials and HA wanting to take their time over which way round they wanted the WC and Basin to go :mad: )

Some of the flats don't have a WC Cloak and so are £135 for just bathroom and 9 rads.

We booked the carcass's too and we're barely making end meet really.

But, the employed blokes get £125 a day, and £135 if Gas regisered plus the usual holiday and sick pay stuff.

One of their plumbers took 1 and half weeks to 2nd fix a single plot, good if you can get away with it hey! lol

These prices were 7 years ago:eek:, and for on the books with a fully funded van and fuel card and drill generator, fully stocked on site materials shed et etc, subbies got a 15% uplift on the prices, and we used to moan about them!! lol!

Well the sneaky buggers don't break down the prices into bath basin etc, just as a whole plot

But we've worked out roughly the prices are these: -

Bath £40
Basin £20
WC £20
Radiator £11

So what do you think is a reasonable price to do the above work?

yup, like i said, these prices are for them charging there employees out and is what they pay there staff.

double those prices for me to do it.
at those rates you are grossing less than £20 per hour and to be honest min of £26ph is low for skilled subby work. the company will be charging their client somewhere from £35-45 per hour. bear with me as i havnt done any for 10 years or so but still have large family business interests in the game and know pleanty of people who put these prices together in the east midlands.

Plumbers are averaging £11 to £14 an hour at the moment if working for a firm, obviously as a self employed person we would want a lot more due to loss of employed benefits and overheads

Just so you could see, I got a photo of the Boiler and Unvented Cylinder.

I don't do these as I don't have me gas yet but the fellas doing it are getting £230 for everything you can see.

DSC00869.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock