Search the forum,

Discuss Check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi is check a trade any good and how much????? Is it worth it

in the modern urban areas yes, round £700 per yr, in North Devon no, the only ones using it are 2nd home owners fm London, in 6 months net revenue of £1200 which is **** poor compared to my normal advertising medium. And yes I did get customer appraisals etc etc. But others on here seem to rely on it as the main source of advertising, for me the jury is still out.

I use facebook a lot but I am doing gas safe next year so I wanna step my game up big time get me in the gas club lol

Its not done enough at the minute to justify next years.

I generally get 30 or 40 enquiries a week. 75% of my work is via checkatrade.

Works really well for us. Before joining look at what competitors are already on there for your area. If any have loads of feedback or there are more than 3 then forget it. Customers just aren't going to call someone with 0 feedback when there is someone else on there with 100+. If you are the person with 100+ like us it works incredibly well. We've seen a lot of other plumbers and electricians join with 0 feedback then leave after a year. The reason is that customers are calling us.

Like any review based advertising method, it pays to be the first one on and it doesn't pay to be a late adopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, A new plumbing and bathroom store opening in slough, looking for a knowledgeable trades person to work on our trade counter full time. Salary will depend on experience and knowledge. please email CV to [email protected] for more details.
Replies
Views
Absolute P&B
A
Hi, I have a stopcock in my closet at my flat, but despite me turning it clockwise all the way, this doesn't seem to be stopping the flow of water. Is there anyway I can check if that truly is the stopcock and if not, is there a way I can find the actual one? I just want to stop the water flow...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
I work for a company that makes silicone dispensers and we're running a small focus group in Hungerford (UK) on 14th June to get feedback on some new products. If you have any tips on how to find local plumbers who can help, that would be great. We're offering free lunch and a free cordless...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m a 20 year old in Northern Ireland, since I’ve left school I’ve been at home farming. But now I’m looking to to pick up a trade, I was thinking plumbing probably but I’d heard heating engineer would be worth looking into, any advice? I have two a levels and a btech in engineering if it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock