Search the forum,

Discuss Changing web site address ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Hi all, as the title says.

I have had my website address for approx 6 years now, safe-gas-installer.co.uk which I admit is a bit of a mouthfull/ hard to remember. (Similar to Stans, but I had mine 1st !!! )

I have just ordered a new van and will be sorting out new sign writing ect, and am thinking of a shorter .uk domain name.

I have reasonable success on google when typing in gas engineer ect in Bn16.

My question is will the domain name change alter my google ranking ?

Any thoughts

Kev

Yes undoubtedly.

google ranks you on some pretty basic things like how old the site is and how long the domain name has been live for. Also all your links to the site etc.

You'd be better running the two in parallel or maybe (not sure if goggle likes this option) re directing the new website to the old one.

To be honest almost all your web traffic to your site will be by searching for a key word and finding it rather than someone reading it off your van and typing it in manually.

You could use those QR codes or whatever they are to take you instantly to your site?

You could get a new web site put on the van. But have it auto redirect to your original site cust won't even realise .Therefore it won't lose any of its google rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing web site address ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock