Discuss Changing taps - can't work out the cold flow set up in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So there would appear to be two pipes in parallel. Well, that's interesting!

All I can imagine is that one formerly went elsewhere and they have been run in parallel to avoid capping one and leaving a dead leg.
Yes that was my thought as the room was the old kitchen so would possibly had a pipe run elsewhere. I guess the only thing to do is leave it alone as there are two cold feeds into the cabinet and going to find out the source or where it initially branches would be too difficult under the floor somewhere.

thank you

Yes that was my thought as the room was the old kitchen so would possibly had a pipe run elsewhere. I guess the only thing to do is leave it alone as there are two cold feeds into the cabinet and going to find out the source or where it initially branches would be too difficult under the floor somewhere.

thank you
Or you could run one to the tap and one to the washing machine?

@Ric2013 @Timmy D If I turn off the slotted screw isolator or the blue one then nothing happens. Apart from the slotted iso leaking of course. I have to turn off both for the cold to stop.

thank you
Just want to confirm this, how long did you run the tap after turning each valve off during testing?

If one line supply’s something else and you only tested for a brief moment it could be residual water in one of the lines.

Reply to Changing taps - can't work out the cold flow set up in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back