Search the forum,

Discuss Changing Radiator using microbore pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all - new to the forum
I have attached a couple of pictures.
I need / want to replace the radiator as it's old and rusted as can be seen. ALSO I really want to replace the awful valves each end for new shiny chrome style units.
Im 100% happy with the draining / refilling / inhibiting of the system which has a Worcester Bosch combi-boiler.

What I need to understand is the removal of the valves shows that there are 10mm reducer adaptors inside the valve. These are not olives, but do they replace the olive or are they in addition to it.

How do I remove these adaptors attached to the 10mm pipe.
Are the sizes of any similar adapters supplied in a new valve of a consistent size (ie will they def fit) as I really don't want to be moving pipe positions.

Also as these are Imperial measurement radiators, i'll need to buy a replacement which is metric, and therefore one thats is slightly smaller. What are the extender items called that make up for this slight size decrease between the valves? And lastly are replacement radiators ALWAYS listed Width x Height or Height x Width?
If anyone has any links to videos that cover this specific issues or removing the adapters inside the valves in microbore piped systems, that would be great to see.
Cheers in advance
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 10
I would see if you could get the valves in direct 10mm replacement else you might need to lower the rad or solder some more tube in

your existing valves donā€™t use adapters

as for replacement as your draining down might be an ideal time to alter the pipe work if your skills allow this

As for rads depends on the site / places your looking at but normally height first then width but this May be different depending on where you

Reply to Changing Radiator using microbore pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock