Discuss Changing gravity fed hot water pumped heating to vailaint ecotec pro 28 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi everyone

would appreciate any ideas on the above system.

I have just passed my gas safe and my sister wants me to convert her system to the one above. (good place for me to practice)

is there anything I should look out for..... I have already warned her that sealing and open vent system may cause leaks.

also i'm changing her rads- would you powerflush withthe new rads on or change them once it is powerflushed. I normally change to new rad valves before flushing but this wouldn't make sense if i was then going to change the rads after.

thanks for your help.

If there is any pipe under solid floors don't convert it's asking for trouble. If the old system is still working chuck some cleaner in for a couple of weeks before you start of it's possibe. Disconnect the rad circuit and give it flush on it's own before the new boiler goes in to get rid of as much muck as possible then fit the new rads and boiler before giving another flush. Fit some sort of system filter because you will never get all of the muck out of the system.

I'd definatly avoid presurising a system with any pipework under a solid floor as Mike says, it may be ok, but if its not then you're in for loads of fun with a kango digging the floors up!

Do vailant still do an open vent combi? Failing that you can run the Intergas combis on a open vent system.

hi mike

there is no pipe work in the screed they all seem to be on drops....... still thinking seal it???

what cleaner would you chuck in for the two weeks

thanks to everyone for the advice

I'd chuck Fernox F3 in and let it rattle round the system. Fernox told me it remains active for around 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

x400 if not ,
as been stated defo get as much muck out as possble , try stick the filter somewhere where it cant be seen or out the way as the are ugly !

hi mike

there is no pipe work in the screed they all seem to be on drops....... still thinking seal it???

what cleaner would you chuck in for the two weeks

thanks to everyone for the advice

If its all on drops then nay problems should be easy(ish) to get to to repair, your already changing the rads, make sure you do the valves at the same time and you should be good to go.

Flushing, if the system is working now, as above, either x400 or f3 in for a few weeks before, then again on completion, I always fit a magnaclean for ongoing protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing gravity fed hot water pumped heating to vailaint ecotec pro 28 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock