Discuss Chaffoteaux Combi PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpm

I have a customer with a dripping prv on a Chaffoteaux Combi it's the one with a plastic flexy pipe off the PRV.It drips constantly.Anyone ever stripped one?I'm guessing it's noly an "O"ring or the valve seat.Anyone have a manual or schematic by any chance?
Cheers John

As you have to go back anyway,you are better fitting a new head if possible
remove old head and this is one of the two things a 5p coin is good for
put it in the body,rub it round and it will clean the seat :)
then fit new head,if you want to clean old,just clean any rubbish off old washer,dry and apply a bit of silicon greese to washer,then replace

ps .The other use for a 5p coin if you have not found out yet is,if you are stuck,you can use is to make a temporary cap end,it fits perfectly into a 1/2 compresion nut, add a washer on top and away you go :)(not for gas obviously)

Hmm!

In the old days we used 1 old penny coins for cylinder caps they fitted great in 1" cap nuts. Just clean them and the nut up, plenty of flux,tin them then solder a cap.

You could do all that then we only got about 3p per hour and that is no joke.

Hmm!

In the old days we used 1 old penny coins for cylinder caps they fitted great in 1" cap nuts. Just clean them and the nut up, plenty of flux,tin them then solder a cap.

3p an hour bernie? what was queen victorias funeral like ?

Hmm!

No doubt whilst wearing your bespoke moleskin cravat eh Bernie:D

chaffoteaux unpack let out a sigh of disgust place boiler in nearest skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chaffoteaux Combi PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Good day all, First and foremost i am not a boiler installer or gas registered, therefore i do not touch this element of plumbing, but i am after...
Replies
Views
The on going saga of my Grant boiler problems continues! Have replaced the Wilo CH pump and now the HW pump is rattling. Before I had chance to...
Replies
Views
changed from a gravity feed boiler system to a combi boiler and had problems with noisy pipes? About 4 weeks ago now had a new combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock