Discuss Certificate and Qualifications for Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm changing my old Vented heating system to an un Vented pressurised system ( loft Con ) I've been in contact with a plumber he's sounds ok but if I agree to get him to do the work what qualifications should I be looking from him regarding gas etc and should I get some sort of certification at the end for proof if and when I may sell
Thanks

G3 and water regs for the unvented cylinder

But the base / structure for the unvented cylinder as it's in the loft need to be done to building regs not just put on chipboard etc

Gas safe number then check online if he's boilers etc

Paperwork wise

Benchmark marks filled in for both also unvented cylinder and boiler need to be registered with building control (normally done through gas safe )

Unvented G3, ccn1 which is core gas safety, cpa1 analyser and cenwat1 which covers boilers...although I believe that qual has changed?

G3 and water regs for the unvented cylinder

But the base / structure for the unvented cylinder as it's in the loft need to be done to building regs not just put on chipboard etc

Gas safe number then check online if he's boilers etc

Paperwork wise

Benchmark marks filled in for both also unvented cylinder and boiler need to be registered with building control (normally done through gas safe )
Cheers for that ….Going off original Question ( if you can help in any way would be great I also want to mention that in no way am I intending to do this work just trying to do my homework ) i,m hoping to position the Cylinder and Boiler up in the Loft ( I,m converting the Loft ) Im aware both the Boiler and Cylinder need Pipework to take away water.... can you use just one pipe and T into where necessary ? I believe you need tundish for the Cylinder and a valve / Waste ( poss a Hepvo ) in the run of Pipework , then run the pipework into the soil Stack

Cheers for that ….Going off original Question ( if you can help in any way would be great I also want to mention that in no way am I intending to do this work just trying to do my homework ) i,m hoping to position the Cylinder and Boiler up in the Loft ( I,m converting the Loft ) Im aware both the Boiler and Cylinder need Pipework to take away water.. can you use just one pipe and T into where necessary ? I believe you need tundish for the Cylinder and a valve / Waste ( poss a Hepvo ) in the run of Pipework , then run the pipework into the soil Stack

Yes you can and is possible but it's needs to be sized to take both loads and also trapped as it's going into a stack pipe

Cheers for that ….Going off original Question ( if you can help in any way would be great I also want to mention that in no way am I intending to do this work just trying to do my homework ) i,m hoping to position the Cylinder and Boiler up in the Loft ( I,m converting the Loft ) Im aware both the Boiler and Cylinder need Pipework to take away water.. can you use just one pipe and T into where necessary ? I believe you need tundish for the Cylinder and a valve / Waste ( poss a Hepvo ) in the run of Pipework , then run the pipework into the soil Stack
There are a few rules and regs to follow when using this method
Pipe materials, clipping, etc

And to put a spanner in the works, so to speak, - don’t expect qualifications to guarantee you a professional job always. Get a few verbal references about the plumber you are thinking of using and perhaps a look at some work he has carried out, if possible.
Getting a nice piece of legal paper but a c##p job will not make you satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Certificate and Qualifications for Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back