Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Certificate and Qualifications for Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at

  1. Stants

    Stants Member

    Hi I'm changing my old Vented heating system to an un Vented pressurised system ( loft Con ) I've been in contact with a plumber he's sounds ok but if I agree to get him to do the work what qualifications should I be looking from him regarding gas etc and should I get some sort of certification at the end for proof if and when I may sell
  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    G3 and water regs for the unvented cylinder

    But the base / structure for the unvented cylinder as it's in the loft need to be done to building regs not just put on chipboard etc

    Gas safe number then check online if he's boilers etc

    Paperwork wise

    Benchmark marks filled in for both also unvented cylinder and boiler need to be registered with building control (normally done through gas safe )
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sammathias

    sammathias Plumber GSR

    Unvented G3, ccn1 which is core gas safety, cpa1 analyser and cenwat1 which covers boilers...although I believe that qual has changed?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stants

    Stants Member

    Cheers for that ….Going off original Question ( if you can help in any way would be great I also want to mention that in no way am I intending to do this work just trying to do my homework ) i,m hoping to position the Cylinder and Boiler up in the Loft ( I,m converting the Loft ) Im aware both the Boiler and Cylinder need Pipework to take away water.. can you use just one pipe and T into where necessary ? I believe you need tundish for the Cylinder and a valve / Waste ( poss a Hepvo ) in the run of Pipework , then run the pipework into the soil Stack
  5. Stants

    Stants Member

  6. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Yes you can and is possible but it's needs to be sized to take both loads and also trapped as it's going into a stack pipe
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stants

    Stants Member

    im thinking the trap would need to be accessible
  8. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Yes but also the boiler and cylinder need to be
    • Like Like x 1
  9. scott_d

    scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    There are a few rules and regs to follow when using this method
    Pipe materials, clipping, etc
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. hammers4spanner

    hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

    All of the above .
    The important one is tea legislation must be supplied one every 30 mins.

    If your plumbs moans or refuses then hasn' enough on the job experience.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jim Goodenough

    Jim Goodenough Plumber

    You'll need to install a urinal :D or WC in the loft 1st though..!:eek:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Best

    Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

    And to put a spanner in the works, so to speak, - don’t expect qualifications to guarantee you a professional job always. Get a few verbal references about the plumber you are thinking of using and perhaps a look at some work he has carried out, if possible.
    Getting a nice piece of legal paper but a c##p job will not make you satisfied
  13. Last Plumber

    Last Plumber Plumber GSR

    You need to be aware of the termination for D1/D2. See this link, I think pages 23 + 24!
Similar Threads - Certificate Qualifications Central Forum Date
Landlord certificate - copy for tenants legally required Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum Jan 30, 2019
Electrical safety certificates Plumbers Arms Jan 30, 2019