Discuss Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers
Leaking hex.

Think Worcester Guarantee the HEX for 10 years, but you'd have to check.

Call Worcester out as the Cdi has a min of 7 years guarantee

I’m sure it will need to have had an annual service each year and water quality at an acceptable level for a warranty repair.

Reply to Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock