Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Pipes in Flat Roof Space? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIY Bob

I am planning on having a flat-roofed, single storey utility room built on the side of my kitchen, and I want to have my CH boiler relocated into the utility room. It is a Potterton Profile, which currently vents through the wall into the space where the utility room will be.

The most direct route would be to divert the downstairs radiator circuit under the floor screed in the new extension, which wouldn't be too difficult.

I would like to have the pipework for the upstairs radiator circuit and primary HW feed diverted through the ceiling void in the new flat roof extension. Again, this wouldn't be difficult, but my question is whether this is permissible, or is there some regulation or CoP that prevents this?

no there is but they need to be very well insulated and i would look at replacing your boiler too, but i wouldn't be putting any copper pipes in the floor tho unless there in a duct

new boiler and box your pipes in tidily, flat roofs get cold and pipes freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pipes in Flat Roof Space? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock