Discuss Central heating not circulating after New Navien Combi fitted to Santon Premier system. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes so that in theory is good

Did they remove the external pumps ?

No changes were made to the radiator system apart from adapting the 40KW combi to the system and the non vented
cylinder remained as it was. My concern is that is a combi 40KW combi capable to feed a system with 22 to 54mm
feed around two zones? This is a Pub so the 23 rads need a supply which can be quick and efficient. We have now got
heat in around nine of the 23 rads. That has taken two days of the boiler running.
The system has been purged of air, rads bled, drain feeds on each point to at least 10 gallons drained.
I would add that the system worked well prior to the installation of the new combi boiler.
The installer has suggested the TRV's are stuck. They are not, and the flow of water within the circuits are free of problems.

And the old pump was it removed or left in ?

Any chance of a few pictures of how they have pipes it ?

The secondary pump was changed but was working fine on all three speeds so original pump was refitted.
The original pump in the old boiler was scrapped when the boiler was removed. The Combi internal pump
I hope is doing its job. The secondary pump on the cylinder cold supply is working as it should.
This is driving me nuts!
Either there is a circulation problem caused by lack of pump pressure from the ne combi or a restriction that
has suddenly appeared on the change over?

There you go the internal pump of the new boiler is not man enough for the system it needs the old pump back on / one sized correctly

Should be after the llh

I hope there’s additional expansion tank / tanks ?

Reply to Central heating not circulating after New Navien Combi fitted to Santon Premier system. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock