Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central heating leak found but not sure about how the plumber has welded the pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Central heating leak found but not sure about how the plumber has welded the pipe

In your previous post you where advised to obtain a copy of your builders public liability insurance plus the same for each self employed subcontractor. Did you do this or not? If no why? If yes then I suggest if your builder does not comply with rectification as suggested above you start a claim. As Croppie says, caveat emptor. And building controls should have been involved from day one.

Re: Central heating leak found but not sure about how the plumber has welded the pipe

Gents, could you please reply to this?

Wouldn't get too vexed about lack of insulation between ground floor and upper ceiling, Any heat loss remains within the structure. Different for ventilated spaces, such as suspended ground floor.

Gents, could you please reply to this?

Wouldn't get too vexed about lack of insulation between ground floor and upper ceiling, Any heat loss remains within the structure. Different for ventilated spaces, such as suspended ground floor.

Double post

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in the ground floor so the pipes running under floor joists could be losing heat in the sub floor (this was mentioned by my plumber friend last night) but this is least of my problems at the moment.

It seems the hair felt lagging the new plumber used in the bathroom to insulate the pipes is not the right stuff to use in concrete? Quick googling suggests it's not waterproof so concrete could still eat in to the pipes.

I've had a chat to another builder who I know uses qualified plumbers, electricians. He said write a polite email to the my builder/contractor and ask him to maybe re-do the pipework in the bathroom. He also said not to threaten to go the courts and keep a good relationship as the builder has been cooperating so far and has promised to fix problems. As soon as I take him to small claims court he'll stop fixing any problems and I certainly won't be able to get small claims court to order him to pay for a new refurbishment to rip out everything and re-do it all as it will cost tens of thousands.

Edit - This is a Victorian period conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The advice was a claim against his insurers via his PLI. Taking a trader to SCC is a last resort when all else fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating leak found but not sure about how the plumber has welded the pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock