Discuss Central Heating circulation issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Option B?, leave the pump where it is and run a pipe teed in below the pump (outlet) and connect directly into the coil HW inlet after removing the T and inserting a piece of pipe in the horizontal pipe. You should be ae to run it in a way to allow the installation of a motorised valve later for cylinder temperature control.

Option B?, leave the pump where it is and run a pipe teed in below the pump (outlet) and connect directly into the coil HW inlet after removing the T and inserting a piece of pipe in the horizontal pipe. You should be ae to run it in a way to allow the installation of a motorised valve later for cylinder temperature control.
Could you make a drawing i didt really get what you mean

What about this?, should work??

Attachments

• Final Mod.jpg
    Final Mod.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Or just move the pump to the left and pipe up how I drew it

so i think your drawing is exactly how John drew in #43 i think . only thing is vent is in wrong position but does that effect anything ?"

If you look the vent is moved as well

Need to move the vent

So if i do like John in that image i would need to put another T under flow to coil for vent . right ? does vent location make big impact on heating system ?
You have a combined Vent and cold feed, one vertical pipe in effect, it should connect into the system on the suction side of the pump, reason is, when connected to the suction side, the pump suction will be at the elevation head (height) from the F&E tank surface to the pump suction, say 1.5M or whatever, the pump discharge head will then be pump head + the elevation head, a pump head of say 3.5M+1.5M=5M, all the system at positive pressure. If connected at the pump discharge the pump discharge head will be 1.5M and the pump suction, 1.5M - 3.5M, a negative head of 2M, most of the system under nrgative pressure.
So if you go for the first option you just move this vertical pipe to the left of the pump after also moving the pump as per your own post #40 and thats it. If you go for option 2, my post #43, then the vertical pipe is already to the pump suction and you run the pipe as shown to the cylinder HW inlet.

There is a plasic 1/2" pipe above the combined vent&cold feed, where does that go to? or is it removed and capped somewhere below?. Or ist blanked off and removed at the tank?.
Looks like the mains supply to the ballcock??.

Would i remove NRV then ?
You don't have to but its better to do so and replace it with a gate valve for balancing purposes and before you install (if) a motorized valve you can simply use the gate valve as a cylinder temperature control, on/off or whatever.

Attachments

• Combind Vent & cold feed.jpg
    Combind Vent & cold feed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Reply to Central Heating circulation issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock