Discuss Central Heating circulation issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

So the left out the floor is the boiler ones
The ones on the right are to your rads ?

Left hand side flow out the floor going upwards
Vent
Feed
Pump
Port valves for heating and hot water

If you want me to draw it out will knock something up tomorrow for you

This is the general idea?.

1665558909278.png

Yes and basicaly feed and expension pipe are the same . So if i understand this correctly best possition for he pump is on the flow right after t junction on downwards pipe that goes into rads and expansion pipe than would push water down then ?
20221012_112351.jpg

Attachments

• 20221012_112847.jpg
    20221012_112847.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
My 50 year old system has the exact same combined cold feed and vent but the pump is installed just before the (oil fired) boiler return on the ground floor.

A bit surprising, if the rad returns were into the pump suction that it wasnt circulating through the rads at least.
I think yes, install the pump on the flow side and ensure the cylinder flow and rads flow pipes are downstream of the pump discharge, assuming that you want to have a fully pumped CH&HW system. I would also suggest installing a 1/2" gate valve on the cold feed to the Feed&expansion tank ballcock filling line as you should fill the system very slowly so as the air can vent up through the same pipe that the water is filling the system through.

Last edited:
I have moved pump to different location it seems to be working noe all fine . But the problem doest really heat hot water very well qnd forst floor radoators as well . Both flow and return pipes are hot now all rads on second floor also hot but hot water cylinder and first floor rads cold or at least it takes way longer to heat them up .
20221012_140110.jpg

I see the pump is on Auto setting, you might change that to a higher setting and post the make/model of the pump, most pumps, Grundfos etc just don't work on this Auto setting. Also the cylinder coil NRV should be removed IMO (if still installed) especially if a spring loaded type but try pump on different setting for a start.

should be installed like this

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Central Heating circulation issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock