Discuss career change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin23

hi im currently working in construction and I'm looking to do a part time plumbing course. Ideally i want to be able to stay at my current job while training to be a plumber. iv looked at several courses on net and im just not sure which one to do. can any 1 help me by telling me what's the best qualification and best course to do. Cheers

hi im currently working in construction and I'm looking to do a part time plumbing course. Ideally i want to be able to stay at my current job while training to be a plumber. iv looked at several courses on net and im just not sure which one to do. can any 1 help me by telling me what's the best qualification and best course to do. Cheers

Hi Kev 23
I am currently in construction and studying for City & Guilds 6129 Level 2 (which seems to be entry level).There are many courses out there but this covers most basic things.Where you go from after that is up to you,as there are many different routes you can go down.

I am studying with OLCI in Bristol,the tutors are great ,but the clerical centre in London is a nightmare.They have about a dozen centres nationwide.If you require any information I'd be glad to help you.I can only comment on the Bristol centre as I haven't been to any of the other centres ,although you can use any centre.

Good Luck

thanx for the info. how much is that course? do u need all your own tools?

think carefully as there really isnt a shortage of plumbers these days it now seems sparkies are in short demand as are plasterers
i thing the days of plumber shortages have long gone now

thanx for the info. how much is that course? do u need all your own tools?

I paid £5621 back in August last year,that was for 6129 Level 2,nvq level 2 and Part P (electrical certification).They supply the tools to use but most people also take an electric screwdriver/drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to career change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock