Discuss Card payment machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Think I posted someone about this a while back, just looking for some more upto date info!

Who here has and uses one, and who is your supplier, looking to have one hooked up ASAP plz!

Oh are they, what's costs and how long did it take to setup, do payments go straight to ur business account, and when do card save bill you for rental and services?

The cost of card machines has always put me off and nobody seems willing to say 'it costs me ÂŁxx per year'
I've had situations where it would have been handy to have one but still always managed to get paid without one.

There's lots of systems that use your smartphone so no rental but they all charge approx2.5% per transaction google izettle

Think I posted someone about this a while back, just looking for some more upto date info!

Who here has and uses one, and who is your supplier, looking to have one hooked up ASAP plz!

Colin (system 3) spent hours sorting this and getting all the answers, they are on here in a full thread, as said they now sponsor the forum.......do a search loads of info, I think it's the way to go with this economic climate!

It's hard to quantify the costs, I'm hoping by that I will make a net saving as costs are less than that I pay for cheques and cash at the bank, plus less time traveling and less fuel usage.

I just mean how much per month do you pay for device

And cost per transx

If your not sure how much your going to use it, or don't want to pay a monthly fee, you can get a pay as you go one.

You only pay when you use it, get a card terminal and use your phone's data connection, hence no monthly charge.

they work out between ÂŁ20 - ÂŁ25 per month then the customer gets charged 2-3%

The choice between card machines is simple.

If you only rarely or very occassionally take card payments or low value transactions, then get one of the machines that connect to your mobile phone like the ones offered by Worldpay. These are not card terminals but a key pad where a payment card is inserted and the PIN is keyed via the keypad. The mobile phone processes the transaction.
PROS: No rental fee.
CONS: Relies on reception from your mobile phone to operate. Not as versatile as a card terminal. Not a proper terminal.

If you regularly take card payments or higher value transactions, then get one of the true card termianls. These connect via a in built SIM card to any network offering the strongest signal at that time and are entirely independent of your mobile. These are proper card terminals like the ones in shops, restaurants and in every walk of life but a monthly fee is required. The terminal itself processes the transaction via Streamline, so you know immediately if the customer has the funds available to pay you.
PROS: Does not rely on reception from your mobile phone to operate. Much more versatile as a non dedicatedcard terminal. A proper terminal like the ones available in shops and restaurants worldwide.
CONS: A monthly fee is required.

I worked very hard to get a discount for forum members and to get Cardsave to become sponsors of this forum. The deal that is now available from them is that discount. Just click on the link on the forum. Mention to their sales department is from the Plumbers Forum and you'll get the discount.

I am working with them to secure another deal, like the non rental machines offered by Worldpay. Cardsave will offer lower transaction fees than the other companies for forum members. This is NOT yet available so please don't ask Cardsave for this yet. It will be rolled out very soon.

Darren, it takes about 2-3 weeks to set up a card terminal. A credit check is required, your bank needs to be informed and payment arrangements made into your account and your terminal is then sent to you. In the meantime, if you do go down this route, why not set up a Paypal account for taking card payments until everything is set up? The monthly rental fee is added/split between jobs, so the machine pays for itself and customers are not only pleased with the convenience of paying by card, but they are also impressed. I no longer accept cheques. Payment from your customers is cleared immediately and available in your account in 3 working days.
I've emailed you the contact details for their area rep.

system could you pm me the aera rep as well, i just had cheque bounce so would be handy to stop this happen

question can you make a payment on the machine not having the card there eg landlords

You have to request the ability to take remote payments when you sign up. I took one the other day.

Remote may mets are slightly more expensive though and more likelyhood of a chargeback as not pin verified, though I will take them would always prefer the cardholder to be present

system could you pm me the aera rep as well, i just had cheque bounce so would be handy to stop this happen

question can you make a payment on the machine not having the card there eg landlords
Just click on the Cardsave link on the forum mate. Tell the sales rep that it's from the Plumbers Forum to secure the discounted rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Card payment machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
Hey there, is anyone out there? (joke) Is anyone moving over to card readers this year to avoid non payment? 🤨🤨 My SUMUP reader after about...
Replies
Views
Tedddddd
T
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to install my new washing machine. The waste pipe was clipped round the back of the machine during transit. It popped out of some of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock