Search the forum,

Discuss Card Machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know there has been threads on this before. Just interested to hear what company you all use and how much it costs per month etc, basically what kind of deal you are getting. I am well and truly fed up of chasing money and I am hoping a card machine will be the answer and then people wont have an excuse for not paying at the time.

Using card save at £75 per quarter. 20p per debit and 1.5% credit. Using roaming sim, really handy

I have the Igenico IWL220. It costs £31 per month and debit card charge is 14p per transaction regardless of amount which I swallow. Credit card carries 2% or 2.8% business card which I add to the bill.

Heard screwfix are doing one £50 up front then 2.75% on transactions no line rental

Card machine image.jpg

You are allowed to I believe legally charge 1.99% 2% rounded(personal c/c) 2.79% 2.8% rounded for business charge these to customer BUT NO MORE. Please correct me if I am wrong.

you with card save helpsy. The main problem as there was one guy on here dealing with card save so he has now left i have spoke to card save and i have offered to help out so members can come to me and i can put you in touch with the right person

Can't I just pinch one from my local petrol station :eek:

you with card save helpsy. The main problem as there was one guy on here dealing with card save so he has now left i have spoke to card save and i have offered to help out so members can come to me and i can put you in touch with the right person
Merchant card services I believe.

I take payment over the phone....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 31
The machine I have has a multi sim fitted 4 different networks I've seen O2, Vodafone and another I can't recall.

2.75% per transaction I use it for stuff under £500 servicing ect but pass the charge to customer

Not sure if all machines have multi sim. I opted for this type of card machine over the types that say plug into phone/iPad as I think they're more professional and I wouldn't be happy using my card in a mobile phone.

If your a member of Costco, they are doing a card machine a the moment which appears to be a good offer

I am not a member, do you have a link to the offer at all?

when i looked at this i found this
  • There is a monthly minimum service charge of £15 per month. This means if your processing charges fall below this threshold a balancing charge will be levied up to the value of £15.
  • Also you need to pay a£29.99 a year
  • must do the pci within 6 months or you get charged

i have just sat down and done the figures card save is £360 for the year.

costco 259.20 + 29.99 = £289.19

That Costco one looks ok, I take it if you want another terminal it's double the price?
Decisions decisions :)

id chappy let me sort something out with card save first and i find out.

2 machines one company ?

Mine is with First Data Merchant Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Card Machines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock