Discuss Car key sticking in ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kirkgas

Any tips on what to use on car ignition, the key sticks a bit when trying to remove it, it's the same with both keys so I assume it's the lock sticking, I've tried wd40 but no difference, there must be something better I can use
Ta

Ambersil silicone lubricant. Its as slippery as hell.
Use it all the time and its so slippery

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayPr...501389|plid|&gclid=CNXUxL2uicACFW3JtAod034ATw

This sounds mad, but I saw on one of those program's where trade guys give tips. A locksmith said that rubbing the 'lead' from a pencil on the key works well as a dry lubricant. Give it a shot

I remember now, I saw it on wheeler dealers. The mechanic fella Ed China suggested it.

an ignition barrel on a car will not want any kind of lubricant. WD may possibly make it worse by drying it out.
I know its a pain but change it before it lets you down.

Bright spark.. absolutely right pal, I think its 'yale' locks that use graphite as their lubricant.

I tried some three in one oil on my key & pushed it into my ignition a few times. Seems to have worked as no bother since & that was maybe 2 years ago.
Pencil lead is good for hinges & an old builder told me to use it on the hinges in hinged rulers to stop them seizing.

Dab of Vaseline , give the key some in out action, probably grit in the springs or between the pins. 60seconds of action used to keep my tranny happy. Coincidentally same sort of time to sort ignition on my transit

Dab of Vaseline , give the key some in out action, probably grit in the springs or between the pins. 60seconds of action used to keep my tranny happy. Coincidentally same sort of time to sort ignition on my transit
that just dont sound right em keeping your tranny happy with some vaz

Don't know your ignition / but have had a crack in the barrel -opening/closing before now ... If can be seen
expect heart-ache soon ... Bright light & look closely just in case !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Car key sticking in ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back