Discuss Capped gas meter-price to put back into action in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardy1

How much can i charge to put sumones caped meter back into action?, just had a phone call off a customer saying he had it capped off by southern gas for plumeing nusiance to next door neighour and says southern gas gave him my number and have never had a call like this and is now asking how much, what is reasonable, baring in mind, everything is ok and its just putting it back into action, and yes i hold Met1. thanks guys/girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize the gas supplier would cap for nuisance pluming! Has the flue since been altered by a GSR engineer?

yeah, the guy said he had the boiler moved etc, so im going to check it alll out, i just want to know if everything is ok and up to standards, how much roughly can i charge the guy to just uncap and commision appliances?. cheers

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Why hasn't the GSR who moved the boiler uncapped the meter? you don't need MET1 for this.

im just gona go have a look and check it and take it from there, cheers anyway for your helpo.

If the boiler has been moved then surely it would have been recommisioned at the time? If it hasnt, then why? I would be very cautious approaching this one to be honest.

As for charges, what do you charge per hour and how long will it take you.

^^agree, im going to be very cautious with this one, ill let you guys know how it went, and what i discovered.

hourly rate for me ,
1h charge to turn up
investigation if flue is s per MI
drop test+visual
if all ok will reconnect it no probs
you do not have to have MET 1 to re connect cupped meter imho

this has obviously been altered by a non gas hence the phone call to you, the energy supplier wont have your number so the punter is trying to con you, i wouldnt waste my fuel going to it as you will be hoodwinked into signing off an illegal install, and even if you do go and see it is dodgy and RIDDOR it etc you wonty get paid for your trouble, stay in and make a cuppa, it will be far more profitable

as kirkgas just read my mind, bloody builders installed the boiler as the place had a fire and was all damamged completely renovated, just looked at the paperwork from southern gas, it was the flue had been incorrectly installed and the flue gases where entering the next door neighbours property through the windown and door when open, now the BUILDERS have installed a pluming kit from the ground floor all the way to the top of the roof(flat roof), just done a visual on it aint touched it , as it is a ETM Meter also and there was no money on there, so nothing touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capped gas meter-price to put back into action in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
I had a boiler check today all went well, and then he went to check on the gas meter which is in my larder in the kitchen high up on the wall...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good...
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock