Discuss Can anyone tell me what this pipe is and why it might be dribbling water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what this pipe is and why it might be dribbling water?

Its near the boiler but doesn't seem to be connected.

Looks like some sort of overflow but I don't know what to.

Many thanks..

Paul

pipe.jpg

It could be a pressure or temp vent any way you would need an oftec or G3 eng to have a luck

Has it always dripped?

Possibly Condensate drain from the boiler, looks to be dripping into a blocked gulley.

Thanks,

Actually I've traced it to the tundish up in the roof. This is cold water coming out and its a constant light stream.Not sure if it would be the main tank thats pushing this out or the expansion vessel. Are there any aspects of this that could be just maintenance based (i.e. done by me) or, do I need to call a plumber?

Thanks again.

Sounds like combi valve on an unvented cylinder and need a G3 plumber to sort it

Do you have a megaflo? Read the instructions on the side of the tank if you do.

A couple more photos may give us a better insight to the problem.

suspect you have an unvented cylinder and if so it is normally connected to a tundish which in turn is linked to the prv or temp relief one of which i leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me what this pipe is and why it might be dribbling water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders...
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock