Search the forum,

Discuss calydra comfort no heating but hot water fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

Been having a few prob with a calydra comfort 100, in the last week i have had to replace the fan and the pcb and now the heating isnt working but the dhw is fine. There are no fault lights flashing but i suspect its the three way valve but was wondering if there is a way to test it.

cheers

Your probably right that its the diverter valve, unless someone has inadvertently turned off the flow or return valves.

I suppose with the benefit of hindsight it would have been a better idea to renewed the boiler.

yeah if i had of known at the start it was going to give so much bother i would of advised to change it but just have to hope nothing else goes wrong

When you say the hot water is working, is it the plate heat exchanger or the stored water you're feeling when you first open the tap, if it's the plate heat exchanger the water gets hotter as you restrict the flow.

As this boiler is hot water priority you will get no heating till the stored water is up to temperture.

Also those PCB's have to be set up for the boiler and don't normally work out of the box.

i was back at the boiler later 2day and there was still no heat, the stored water should of been up to temp by then. didnt know the pcb needed set up i thought it just needed connected, would that effect the dirverter valve not opening for heating

Hot water priority, no heating till the stored hot water is satisfied, takes about 14 minutes for the stored water to achieve temperture, it's common to have thermister issues or a lack of movement around the coil both effecting heating, if it was the diverter valve I would expect a fault code of some description but there's always a first.

PCB's have jumpers on them that change the characteristics of the board depending on the position, that board needs to be told its in a boiler with stored water (from what I remember) ring Ariston tec for jumper positions if your Gassafe and if your not then step a way from the boiler.

(I see you already have a new diverter fitted which would make it less likly to be the diverter)

Last edited by a moderator:
that was a different boiler that i changed the diverter valve, it was stuck in the heating position and as the boiler is hot water priority it would not fire. there is no fault codes in manual for valve stuck in dhw mode, only stuck in heating and since this one seems to be stuck in dhw mode i presume the boiler would fire up without detecting the fault. will give the tech guys a ring about the pcb.

cheers

The PCB is the same one for a britony combi, when you get the board it comes with a bit of paperwork which tell you what the jumpers do, I think there is a jumper for stored water.

If you have confirmed that the stored water is up to temp and the PCB is right then the diverter valve would be looked at next, I used to carry one and plug it in before changing it to see if it fired.

Although there's no fault code for diverter valve stuck in hot water position sometimes the boiler would fire with a defective diverter valve leading it to lock out on over heat.

Without telling you how to suck eggs, I always remove my heating wires and fit a link to confirm continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to calydra comfort no heating but hot water fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock