Search the forum,

Discuss Calydra comfort 100 No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete little

I have a Calydra comfort 100! THe central heating works fine but the hot water side does not fire up!
I have changed the 3way valve ,pcb, when i switch on tap i get the 60 70 80 leds on lack of water circulation!
any ideas please! pete.

Last edited by a moderator:
never heard of your boiler ... however if it's a combi it sounds like your plate heatex could be blocked if there's an issue with circulation.

Hi , thanks its french made by chaffoteaux & maury! can you tell me what the plate heatex is please
Pete

It's the thing that transfers the heat from the circulating water to the water coming out of your taps! Situated within the boiler, the diverter valve diverts water through it when there's a demand for hot water :) Also known as the plate to plate heatexchanger, hot water heatexchanger or secondary heatexchanger! Is the boiler a combi?

yeh , its combi, its about 7 yrs old is it worth changing the hot water exchanger?

yeh , its combi, its about 7 yrs old is it worth changing the hot water exchanger?  

Hey pete :) 7 years old isn't that bad an age for a heating boiler! If it is the plate heatex then that's all it'll be! may be worth lookin into the reasons why though? Could be dirty system or hard water? Either needs addressing IMHO :)

Hi steve , the problem started when running baths! it would only run for 5 mins and we got an overheat light would come on! would the water throttle cause a prob like this? or should i change both?
thanks pete...

Hi, did you resolve this problem?
i have the same problem with the 60 70 80 LEDs indicating lack of water circulation,
many thanks!

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calydra comfort 100 No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock