Search the forum,

Discuss Calculating Hourly and Annual Gas Load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minskiy

Hi Guys

Trying to fill the form for National Grid regarding new gas supply and need advise on how to calculate the above

For example, we have 2 bed flat with 24KW boiler plus 6KW for the gas cookers. 30 in total / 10.76 = 2.8 KW/H Hourly Gas Load. Can someone please let me know if i'm using the correct formula for calculating the hourly gas load (KW/h)?

And most importantly, how do you calculate Annual Gas Load (KW/Hh)? Which formula should i use?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

Trying to fill the form for National Grid regarding new gas supply and need advise on how to calculate the above

For example, we have 2 bed flat with 24KW boiler plus 6KW for the gas cookers. 30 in total / 10.76 = 2.8 KW/H Hourly Gas Load. Can someone please let me know if i'm using the correct formula for calculating the hourly gas load (KW/h)?

And most importantly, how do you calculate Annual Gas Load (KW/Hh)? Which formula should i use?

Thanks in advance
Yes you have used the wrong formula. You rather estimated something along cbm/h. If you use 30kW for 1h then you have an hourly rate of 30kWh/h.
If you use 30kW for two hours then you have used 60kWh but still at 30kWh/h or nicer looking 30kW.

As for the annual usage this varies widely depending on the structure of the house, the installation, the location and the people living in it. A good thing is if you have access to previous gas bills. Otherwise ask Neighbours with similar houses.

But do not get to obsessed with it. The main reason is simply to have an estimate to make up a monthly charge. You either will have debit or credit at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculating Hourly and Annual Gas Load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock