Discuss But You Said You Could Start Tomorrow. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Priced a bathroom up about 6 weeks ago, they already had everything bought, which I inspected whilst there. Sent an e-mail with the price and also stated that I could go ahead on the 13th October.

Heard nothing, until about 5 minutes ago.

'Price is fine, still ok to start tomorrow?'

No, earliest now is first week in November.

'But you said you could start tomorrow!'

That was quite a few weeks ago and unfortunately I haven't been in hibernation since I sent the estimate.

'Oh well that will have to do'

Absolutely love it. Had quite a few recently who have sat on the estimate for a month or two before giving me the nod and then expect an immediate start.

Getting close to the 'Got To Be Done Before Christmas' kicks in :)

Love it, had some one try to renegotiate a price as I was just about to drain down! See ya!!

Isnt it great.
I had a days work at some house. This that and the other.
Gave a quote based on whole days work.
Then he came back cherry picking.
I said the quote was for everything or nothing.
He said but I'll get you back for the other bits another time.
Told him to shove the lot

Isnt it great.

Hee Haw, Hee Haw. I like my carrots whole thank you !

Isnt it great.

I've had that before. Half a dozen little jobs, gave a days labour plus materials. Oh but I want a price for each job. Yea, right, no thanks.

Had exactly the same thing Simon, but with a full heating install earlier in the year, They never confirmed when I sent them a start date..

They ring me on the unconfirmed date.. :|

Love it, had some one try to renegotiate a price as I was just about to drain down! See ya!!

Once had a private customer tell me that they didn`t quite have all the cash as agreed, No problem I wont do all the job today then was my reply. Funny how they found the remaining £50 pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to But You Said You Could Start Tomorrow. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
I’m at a loss with this one. We renovated a run down house and have lived in it now for about 16 months. We had a new Greenstar 8000 Style 35...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock