Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Building a bath frame from my DIY bathroom renovation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarrenThomas

I've got an Ideal Standard Alto bath to fit into our bathroom which has a wooden frame built in made of what looks like 2x1". The instructions say to use the L brackets on the long side to keep it tucked up against the wall and to use the feet for support.

I've seen several people discussing building a frame that the bath sits on to spread the load little and help prevent it moving under the weight of water/people and they've mentioned using 2x1" for the frame. I happen to have a mild collection of 6x2" moping about after boarding out the loft to 270mm and wondered if that will be ok for the batten along the wall instead of 2x1? I figured that using 2x1 would mean that the acrylic lip of the bath would be sitting on the batten but if I were using the 6x2 then at least the built in wooden frame will be sitting on the batten instead which surely has to be better.

I'll probably rip the 6x2 down the length anyway as it is a little ott.

Also the bath is an upstairs bathroom. Would I be best situating the legs directly onto the floorboards, or securing a couple of bits of the 6x2 onto the boards and then the bath on to that to spread the load across more boards? Again it makes sense to be to do this but the MIs don't say anything about it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best to follow the manufacturers instruction to the letter to avoid warranty issues. Ideal Standard probably have way more experience in the installation of their Baths!

i always put battens on the walls for the bath to rest on and timber for the feet to go on to spread the load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building a bath frame from my DIY bathroom renovation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
H
I’m a reasonably experienced DIY guy, nearing the end of a complete bathroom refit including install of new shower, velux window, full tile etc...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock