Discuss BS, BS EN and all that in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one know much about these

Have a guy asking me if a product suits it or if it shoould

Can I check these for free anywhere other than a library?

The one I have been questioned abput is BS5412

Theoretically all products connected to water supply or sewage system should comply with the appropriate standard (these days BS/EN) but in the UK there is no policing unlike in other countries where such products must be certified and marked as such.
Justlead1 is correct .. BS/EN 5412 is for taps but its got 4 or 5 parts so without knowing the product its difficult to say which part applies. Anyway from a plumbers perspective its just not possible to verify that a tap complies with 5412 as to do so invariably involves laboratory testing for toxicity, metallurgy and performance tests. :):)

If it is wras approved it has been tested and complies to the appropriate standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BS, BS EN and all that in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock