Discuss Broken Handheld Showerhead Mount on Tub in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

The shank broke that held the mount on to the tub for my handheld Kohler showerhead.

Picture

It is a cheap part but the problem is I have no access into the area to be able to rethread a new one on (only have access to the motor area of the tub). See Diagram for what the shank is (Part 75100)....

Trying to figure out what my options are without having to retile the surround.

Currently the best idea I have is using an adhesive and gluing it to the tub. Any better ideas?

If gluing is the only choice:
1) What kind of glue would be best? Would any be better to make things easier to remove down the road?
2) Should I glue the escutcheon directly to the tub or should I buy a new nut/shank and glue the nut to the tub, then thread on the shank/escutcheon? At least then could replace hardware that matched the shank size....

Such a dumb problem :( I naively thought I could remove the tub without having to destroy tile......

Thanks,
Todd

Sooner or later the taps will play up so my advice is to cut around a section of tiles large enough to show everything behind then you have an access panel for next time. When done run a bead of coloured, sorry that`s colored to you, silicone around the edge.
(Panel will be the tiles & the wood that the tiles are fixed to).

Reply to Broken Handheld Showerhead Mount on Tub in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I tried to replace a couple of taps but surprisingly they are screwed directly to the pex piping instead to the flexible tap connectors. I'm no...
Replies
Views
I am having a real problem with a leak that commenced a couple of months back re my folk’s WC. It is a straightforward Armitage Shanks low-level...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock