Discuss British gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sh3p69

Hello there, sorry for the long update, did tell you guys that i would keep you all up to date...
I did a post on here to ask if BG was going to rip me off!!!
Here is the post, http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/7140-bg-going-rip-me-off.html
Basically you all said yes,But in the cold of January i let them do it as i was with out hot water...
Cut a very long story short...
They came and fitted the magnaclean £250 extra,didn't work, they came and did a power flush,the boiler STILL didn't work and the engineer even said that i didn't need it as there was only very little muck in the system and another £480 extra of my money,As the insurance doesn't cover that.
another guy came said i need a divert vale and another part.
The original guy that came the first time that said that i need a magnaclean AND a power flush (that i paid and that i didn't need) came out to fit the parts, Only fitted the divert valve but also got water on the PCB board so had to go out and get a new one!!!
After that the water was only warm and not hot.
So another guy came out and slowed my hot water flow down to a trickle!!! Still not very hot but hotter...
So i rang again and another guy came out, and ordered parts to be fitted that the first guy should of fitted!!!
So another guy came out and by this time i have had about 6 days of my holiday off work, they said that he would be there early! 5.15pm he turned up and said that it was going to be a long job and that he couldn't start it then so he said that he would come back the next day!!! Another day off work...
Anyway, he came,he fitted,all working, thank god for that, it only took them 7 weeks to fix, He said that the first guy should of fitted what he fitted in the first place...
So i rang and complained about all of this to there customer support, They will ring back they said, weeks went bye with nothing, so i rang again, they will ring back they said again,Again nothing for weeks.So i rang again and this time said that i was going to ring the financial ombudsman, within half hour i got a phone call, i told them everything he said that it does sound like that i was sold stuff that i didn't need and said that he would give me all my money back, which they did.
The end i was thinking, Well NO, as they was draining my system, they was not doing it from the drain tap, they was doing it from the pressure release vale!!! Don't know what its called, its in the boiler and when you twist it the water comes out of a pipe that leads outside!!! anyway they are not supposed to do that and with them doing that they stained the outside wall of the house and also the PVC and double glazing windows.
So rang again and told them that i have had it with them, and was going to take it further.
They came and repaired the damage, also got a phone call from some kind of manager and i told him that i was going to the financial ombudsman
so i did and there letter came in the post, so i have filled that out and sent it off.
That was on the 16.8.10, and yesterday i got a letter from BG saying they are going to give me £300 as gesture of whats gone on, and if i dint get in touch within 7 days they would take that i have accepted it and the case would be closed, so i rang and the guy said that he was expecting my call.
He said, how are things getting on,and i told him that the letter is sent to the ombudsman,he then ask me if he and another guy could come to see me, i said yes and now just waiting to see when they are coming...
Cant wait to see what they have to say...
Again sorry for the long post, But thees guys cant keep getting away with this, how meny people are they ripping off...
Also wonder what there going to say...
Will keep you updated, next time it wont be to long i promise
Thanks,Dave...

Keep at it! I fitted a bathrom in May for a really nice old couple. They had BG fit their combi boiler, total comedy of errors. From the first visit to sign them up to the final completion was a total of 34 visits.

They received a good lump of compensation for the grief they encountered

Because i don't really know what to do. do accept the £300 or do i let the ombudsman do his thing also dont really know what compensation I'm looking at...

if the pressure relfief valve has stained your windows and wall then they could put that down to testing the valve.... water is meant to come out of that - youve had your boiler fixed for free - youve been offered 300 on top if it wasnt against BG i would say youve had a good deal.... tell them you want compensating for your holidays youve wasted from work, paint for the wall and say you'd be happy with 5-600

why are you asking for advice here, you ignored it the first time round!!

Thanks guys... will let you all know what happens when they come and see me...
Also the first advice that you said i had and never did, you have to look at it from my point of view, i had been paying them monthly for about 2 year ish and one of the guy from BG said if i had it done somewhere else he said that it wouldn't be covered under our agreement...
I had been without hot water or heating for 20 or more days in the cold of january.
I just wanted it doing... But you learn from your mistakes!!!

my advise is to record the conversation when the two managers come over. they cant stop you doing that and then everything you say and they say is covered

And also ask for the pressure relief pipe to be moved so if it discharges again it wont stain your windows

Isnt the discharge pipe supposed to be a certain distance from the floor anyway? I always assumed they had to be a few inches from the ground?

But then im not a plumber :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock