Discuss British Gas will not be able to obtain parts for this boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have been with British Gas since 2003, with the same boiler.

Last year we had a buyer for this house and were all set to go and cancelled the British Gas service contract.

The house sale fell through recently (last minute) so I contacted British Gas to take on a fresh service contract.
I wasnt there when the engineer came to service the boiler.

He serviced it and then as he was leaving he said to my wife.
"We will not be able to replace some parts on your boiler if it breaks down".
"We would have to replace it".

The boiler is a floor standing Halstead Buckingham III balanced flue BF 80.
Installed 2000. Ithink.

My question is. Are parts still available for this model of boiler?.

Thank you

Frank

Looks like a rebadged glowworm hideaway lots of pets still available, but they will become obsolete at some point

Its because Halsted parts are expensive give them a call and ask about availability of spares. according To BG everything over 10 years you cant get parts for been using this for has long time began to talk people into having new boilers.

Its because Halsted parts are expensive give them a call and ask about availability of spares. according To BG everything over 10 years you cant get parts for been using this for has long time began to talk people into having new boilers.
Thank you jts, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Manufacturers have to keep parts on sale for 10 years, they will stop them when Demand drops and they no longer make them money. Flue system parts normally the first to stop.

It has been said that BG use this 10year date to push boiler changes, best to seek a second opinion if this is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas will not be able to obtain parts for this boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock