Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas C1 combi age in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Looks like a rebadged WB combi,
Any one have an idea on age?

About 18 - 20 years if it's the one I'm thinking about

IMG_2413.PNG

I would agree with Shaun on the age of that, 18 ish.
That's the time I used to heartily recommend Worcester. They were well designed and built to last.

Been asked to service and clean the system.

Do I tell them to save their money or take the job

Yea that's the one I was thinking about or the earlier version with the led display

And if it's running fine full strip and old school service

Happy to service it
Just think cleaning the system is a bit of a waste of money.

Not been to the job
But if it's been dirty for 15 years the damage to the boiler has already been done.
The cost of a flush and filter is a big chunk towards a new boiler

Not been to the job
But if it's been dirty for 15 years the damage to the boiler has already been done.
The cost of a flush and filter is a big chunk towards a new boiler

If they want it, I would do it personally.
A good days work, Sell a filter and Chemicals, Powerflush it, Leave it ready for when the new Boiler is due.

Take the opportunity to make money and provide a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas C1 combi age in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock