Discuss British Gas 532i losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi All,
i have been working on a British Gas 532i ( Worcester with BG badge )
boiler kept losing pressure. Checked the pressure in the vessel and noting showing so re-pressurised to 1 bar. Called back next day as pressure dropped to zero on gauge. So I changed the vessel & prv. Refilled system to just over 1 bar and boiler went into the venting mode. Waited for 45mins and all worked fine.
an hour later I get a call saying pressure has gone down to .5 bar but all still working. What I did notice On filling the boiler the gauge wouldn't go past 1.5 bar but you could here the water going in still.
could this be a faulty gauge showing 1.2 bar but really be over full and dumping the water?
thanks
kevin

was it dumping water out the prv when you tested warm if no sounds like they may have a leak on the system

Yes customer said he can see it dumping through prv. I initially checked the system but couldn't see any leaks though the house is a bungalow and have looked under all accessible boards.
Just seems strange.

Have you checked you haven't got water leaking out of a faulty AAV somewhere?

No water was seen near the aav.
I will have a look at the pipe though.
I am thinking the gauge is reading wrong so have told them not to top up and see if it holds on .5 bar and continues to work.

if its dumping out the prv there is an issue, and it needs resolving, swap pressure guage, clean inlet to pressure guage for starters and get it sorted, leaving it on .5 isnt doing the customer any favours really.

That is my thinking. It may be showing .5 but could really be 1 bar if the gauge is faulty

Changed one in feb that had a leaking main heat ex (incidentaly my own was leaking as well)
When you can verify the pressure, top it up and keep an eye on the condense trap/pipe, if theres water running(when boiler switched off) the heat ex is kuffed

Thanks. Ran boiler today, closed f&r valves. Turned boiler off and water was coming out of condensate and nothing from prv so your diagnosis is the same mine. Pressure dropped. Faulty heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas 532i losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock