Search the forum,

Discuss BRISTAN SHOWER runs cold in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see.
Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds.
If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a combi boiler and I've had a plumber try to figure it out but couldn't fix it. We have another Bristan shower in the bathroom and it works OK.
This one has never been OK.
Can anyone solve this?
Thanks

Have you felt the hot pipe when it leaves the boiler, if it is hot then the problem could be a mixer tap passing , if it is not then the flow to the shower is not enough to sustain the hot water call. What boiler is it.

Thabk you for replying. The pipe by the boiler is hot when the shower is on. It is in the loft and is a Worcester
How old and what model are you checking the hot water pipe. If it’s hot all The time while shower running. Then problem is not boiler, but the shower most probably. If other shower is ok. Then It shouldn’t be a mixer tap passing.

If the hot pipe going into the mixer stays hot then it’s a problem with the thermostat. Perhaps he installed it wrong. If not then could be faulty new one.

If it rapidly flips from too hot to too cold when you adjust the temperature then it's possible that the hot and cold feeds are swapped. Make a note of which side is which before calling Bristan.

Reply to BRISTAN SHOWER runs cold in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock