Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan 1503 Thermostatic - water pouring out from cartridge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have had a replacement cartridge sent through to me by Bristan for our 1503 shower unit. I tried installing it today using the instructions sent through to me, however upon fitting (correctly as far as I could tell!) the shower seemed to leak water via the front threaded bit. This leak persisted even once the whole front dial was installed.
I tried looking to see if I was missing any o-rings but couldn’t find any slots where additional o-rings could go. Upon further inspection I did however note that the new cartridge did have a tiny pinhole on the inside of the cartridge. (See image 2)
Not sure if the issue is caused by a defective replacement unit or a faulty installation. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 0FD127BE-4B08-4F87-BFC6-9FFF940A0D25.jpeg
    0FD127BE-4B08-4F87-BFC6-9FFF940A0D25.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FED98DA0-5B46-4C84-AC1A-A563F730BFF0.jpeg
    FED98DA0-5B46-4C84-AC1A-A563F730BFF0.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 89BAC9CA-826F-44B8-AAA5-945009956A1E.jpeg
    89BAC9CA-826F-44B8-AAA5-945009956A1E.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Bristan 1503 Thermostatic - water pouring out from cartridge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help please ? I am in the middle of trying to clean/ service a Bristan shower cartridge for this shower Recessed concealed shower 1901 Concealed Concentric Shower Valve | Bristan - https://www.bristan.com/products/mixer-showers?code=n2%20cshcvo%20c It had started to drip after...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock