Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Brass kitchen taps, antique style, missing locking plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silverbuttocks

Hi.

I am in the middle of fitting out a new kitchen, including belfast/butlers sink and antique-style brass mixer tap unit. we bought these taps from ebay some time back, but it was only recently that i realised that they did not come with the horseshoe-shaped/u-shaped metal clamp that fixes it the taps onto the worktop. the tap has a threaded bar sticking out of the bottom and a little nut to tighten it, but the metal plate that clamps it onto the underside of the worktop is missing. Can anyone advise me where I could buy one of these, or what they are called - I can't even google it as I do not know the name of this thing! The lack of this plate is holding up the entire kitchen refit so I am pretty keen to find one urgently!!

The tap by the way is one of these antique style mixer taps with a single long neck, so there are two pipes for hot and cold water also coming out of the base, hence the sort of horseshoe-shape of these locking plates. I'm not a plumber as you can tell, but I have also fitted out a bathroom recently and the basin taps in there had a similar plate. I just wish that I had noticed this earlier!! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Welcome to the forum.

I have never seen these sold seperately.
Try nipping down to your local scrappies, he may have one that has been weighed in with a scrap mixer tap.

Alternatively call a few local plumbers, they will probably have some off a mixer tap they have replced. Unfortunately I weighed all my scrap in 3 weeeks ago and had at least two of these otherwise I would have gladly sent one for you.

yeah, best bet is a scrap mixer, its called a c-plate. If you have no joy drop me a PM and I will dig one out if I can and post it but I'm away until next week

Welcome to the forum.

I have never seen these sold seperately.
Try nipping down to your local scrappies, he may have one that has been weighed in with a scrap mixer tap.

Alternatively call a few local plumbers, they will probably have some off a mixer tap they have replced. Unfortunately I weighed all my scrap in 3 weeeks ago and had at least two of these otherwise I would have gladly sent one for you.

thanks for that!! i will try and call a plumber or two - not sure about the scrappies option as I would;t know where to start. really appreciate your help!!

yeah, best bet is a scrap mixer, its called a c-plate. If you have no joy drop me a PM and I will dig one out if I can and post it but I'm away until next week

Thnanks Tom! Now at least I know the name of the damn thing! I appreciate your offer of help - I'll let you know how I get on with picking one of these up...

They can be found on ebay

fantastic, thanks so much for that!!! i have ordered one now and will fit it as soon as it arrives. i really appreciate your help and everyone else that has contributed. i would never have found it otherwise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass kitchen taps, antique style, missing locking plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock