Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boundary Box clearing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJB

I seem to be getting an awful lot of stopcock jobs lately and I'm having an absolute mare with the amount of boundary boxes for external stopcocks that are full of all sorts of crap.

Most times I've been able to clear with my hands (with gloves on obvs) but this really isn't ideal as I'm fully aware of horror stories of boxes with needles and all sorts of nasties in.

Soooo.... Anyone have any idea where I can get hold of one of the tools the waterboards use to clear them? I've seen one once it was sort of a long handled thing with a hinged scoop on the end, when a lever on the handle was cranked the jaws opened then closed around a load of soil etc which could then be lifted out.

No idea what to call them I'm pretty sure they must be custom made, a google search for anything of the like just brings back fence post shovels.

A gully scoop? I like the pressure washer idea :)

gulley-grabs.jpg

Don`t know the exact situation guys but going on the above could you use an empty baked beans tin on wire, or pop rivet a handle on one side? they are 75mm or should I go back to the bottle of red?

22mm\28mm what evers flying round the back of the van, hammer end over, cheap quick solution,

Gully scoop that's the beggar! Looks very similar to what I've seen the Severn Trent lads with.
Pressure washer is a Massive CBA, no space on the van either really.

Yes brum I'm a Stourbridge lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boundary Box clearing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock