Discuss Bottle Air Vent in New Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmbllrd

Hi,

I apologise if this has been covered before somewhere in the forum, but I just can't seem to find the answer.

I'm installing the pipe work and rads for our new CH system and getting a Pro to fit a Condensing Combi and commission the system. There's no existing system in our house currently, just two coal fires. I think I've managed to establish everything I need to do, but I have one question about Bottle Air Vents, or Automatic Air Vents/Valves. I understand one should be installed at the highest point in a sealed system to release any air, but in our case the boiler will be installed in the bathroom upstairs and is affectively the highest point in the system. The boiler has a vent built-in already at the top - is this adequate, or does it serve a different purpose?

If I need a separate valve, what's the best place to install it, as the pipework for the radiators will be run straight down from the boiler and underneath the floor. I've read that it should be installed in a horizontal section of pipe at the highest point (including the radiators), but how can I do this without needing to fit an extra loop just for the vent, or is that exactly what I'm supposed to do? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give.

Matt

As the boiler is the highest point in the system you will not require any auto/manual air vents anywhere else unless you have installed any pipework that may cause airlocking (eg. taken pipework up, over and down to a rad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bottle Air Vent in New Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock