Discuss Bosch Worcester 25si/28si - help no heat or water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jocb

Hello , i do hope there is someone out there who can help - its getting colder by the minute in here. A week ago i bled my radiators and topped up the boiler and all was well until tonight when my daughter went for a shower - there was no hot water. when i checked the boiler the central heating demand button was flashing slowly red. I pressed the reset button and can hear the boiler trying to ignite but it wont. I have read up and it would seem that the first port of call would be to defrost a condensate tube - i cant seem to find anything that matches the decription of 'plastic pipe coming from the bottom of the boiler and exiting the building'! anything under the boiler is copper. I do have a flue that exits the house from the rear of the boiler - its a few inches in diameter - is it likely to be that?
Anyway , if any of you have any hints or tips they would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks JOCB

Your boiler isnt a condenseing one, so It wont have a condense pipe.

Blackcatgas that would make sense - thank you for that, i shall stop looking for one :)

Blackcatgas thanks, I have tried that - the boiler sounds like it is trying to ignite but doesnt, then after 4 or five attempts the light begins flashing again.

Which light is flashing? how many lights are flashing?
(Ive got the 28si manual in front of me btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for persisting with this Blackcatgas,
the light that is flashing is the central heating demand indicator, it is flashing red , slowly. There is a green light present (on the mains electricity indicator) and there are no other lights on

"Lock out" Press the reset for at least 1 second, (which you probably have been doing), have you got a pre payment gas meter? has it run out of credit?.Has somone accidently knocked the lever on the gas meter unlikely I know but just check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been and checked the lever - and to make sure lit the gas burners on the oven for a few minutes to make sure gas was coming in, all is ok there. i am not on a prepayment card so i know its not that.
pressin the reset button now causes no change whatso ever unless i hold it for approx 10 seconds when the light goes out and then immediately its flashing red again, there is no trying to reignite either. ho hum, thank for trying

i have the manual here, i have tried tha reset button now to no avail, thanks for your help

and i am only a beginner DIY - er at that!! Have got the blankets and hot water bottles at the ready, thanks xx

:pI didint suggest that you suggested that he mends it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch Worcester 25si/28si - help no heat or water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock