Discuss Bosch Multidrill GBH 4 v Erbauer ERB388SDS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always used to use my cheap bosch sds for cores it was ok and always got there eventually. As I am doing more and more I bought a core drill which is 10 times quicker and doesn't get as hot.

I also bought a cheap big sds Titan to get through granite walls and that copes with core drills with ease for £60 you can't go wrong. Might be a bit excessive for 7mm drill bits though.

got Bosh multidrill, havent found any cons yet. Got myself Milwaukee core drill just for large core drilling. I had 2 titan sds before, both failed so I would rather invest more in good drill then keep spending on cheap ones.

Just to clarify why I don't like my older model GBH 4 (as posted in the youtube vid by the OP not the newer GBH4-32), if you only use the SDS it's absolutely fine, however if you have to quick change the chuck for say drilling metal or using a core then it can get stuck. The mechanism is a little delicate and get gritted easily so you have to be ultra careful you don't contaminate the grease, I've used it for a few large cores and drilling heavy gauge steel and the clutch imo is set to low and it struggled. Could be the operator though..;)

Thanks everyone for your help, think I will be going with a Makita or a Bosch gbh 2-26dre and see how I get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch Multidrill GBH 4 v Erbauer ERB388SDS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock