Discuss Bosch dishwasher drain hose doesn't fit waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reck

Hello,

Just bought a second-hand Bosch dishwasher and i've got a problem connecting the drain hose from the dishwasher onto the waste pipe. The drain hose diameter seems to be too small size and seems to to be around the same size as the thing i'm trying to put it on and as a result i'm only able to push it down around .5 cm before it pops off.

When I took the old dishwasher out the drain hose went down right to the end so it almost seems like the bosch is using some kind of non-standard size drain hose.

I'm attempting to fit the drain hose onto this -
[NOT ABLE TO POST URL'S]

which just seems like a normal standard connector. I've attempted to find one with a narrower end but no luck.

I don't understand why the hose from this dishwasher is different from my old one, aren't these supposed to be standard?

Any idea how I can easily fix this problem? If there's such a thing as a replacement trap hose that would the bosch hose that would be ideal.

Thanks for any help

Have you tried putting the end of the hose into boiling hot water for a minute to soften it before trying to push it over ?

Hi Chris, yeah I tried that old trick, no good. It just seems to be the wrong size.

This is what i'm trying to connect it to - [NOT ABLE TO POST URL'S]

I've just found this thread on this forum -
[NOT ABLE TO POST URL'S]

where another person seems to have the same problem and someone replied that it's possible it should have come with a little black hose to connect the two, ever heard anything like this?

Why can't I post links! This is really annoying and stopping me from posting relevant information.

I want to link to another conversation on this very forum where someone else appears to have the same problem but it won't let me. What do I have to do to get linking working?

has the end of the waste pipe been cut off?? sometime the ends get cut off for better fitting!! they have 2 sizes, 1 is a little smaller then the other!! should look like this!!
ae235

Adapt the waste system, Do away with those stupid trap fittings and put washing machine standpipe traps.

The Bosch dishwashers came with just a plastic flexible drain hose, but no rubber end like other drain hoses. When the dishwasher was new you got a short piece of fairly light black rubber hose, about 3" long if I remember right & two metal clips. Your Bosch drain hose just fitted inside one end of the rubber sleeve & the sink trap tail into the other end & the clips kept it secure. If Bosch or a washing machine part shop can't supply a sleeve hose replacement, you could make your own.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

kirkgas do you have a link to what you mean?

jase158 no the waste pipe hasn't been cut down. The end still has all 5 "segments", I can't get the hose past the first segment. Looking inside the house I can see there a ridge which stops me from pushing it in further.

reg man this is more than I can do. Just need a simple fix.

best that explains a lot if that's the case. Why can't bosch just use a standard hose instead of supplying this extra 3" black hose.

Best, just got off the phone from Bosch customer services and they deny that their dishwashers come with any sort of 3" hose to fit onto the waste pipe. Their standard hose should fit all EU standard trap hose nozzles apparently.

From what I can tell my trap hose nozzle is standard and certainly looks like same as the one on the Wickes site (can't link).

Bosch point of view is their dishwasher hose is standard and my view is that the nozzle is standard, so one of us must be wrong. I've not been able to find any trap hose nozzles that are different sizes anyway so I don't see how a non-standard sized one could be fitted.

She did give me a link to something called a "Mounting set For 60cm free standing dishwashers" which looks like what "Best" was describing above, a small rubber hose with two clips. I wish I could post links as then you'd see if its the same thing.

The question remains though why a standard hose doesn't fit a standard nozzle?

This is the link that Bosch gave me - bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Mountingset/00088403

Looks like you can post links as long as there's no www.

This is what i'm attempting to fit the drain hose onto.
wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Trap-Hose-Nozzle-40mm/p/431935

I'm only able to fit the hose over the first segment before the ridge inside the hose prevents it from going any further. It would be perfect if I could get one of these that's slightly smaller on the none-tap end so it would fit, but it looks like this is the only size they sell.

Found another thread on here with the same problem.

ukplumbersforums.co.uk/fittings-pipes/71876-bosch-dishwasher-waste-pipe-sink-trap.html

The guy in that thread ended up purchasing the rubber hose (bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Mountingset/00088403)

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

kirkgas do you have a link to what you mean?

jase158 no the waste pipe hasn't been cut down. The end still has all 5 "segments", I can't get the hose past the first segment. Looking inside the house I can see there a ridge which stops me from pushing it in further.

reg man this is more than I can do. Just need a simple fix.

best that explains a lot if that's the case. Why can't bosch just use a standard hose instead of supplying this extra 3" black hose.

In the picture jase has posted above, take the spigot out and put a short piece of pipe in, then fit a 90 degree bend and a vertical piece of pipe, then hook the hose into the vertical pipe

OK i've placed an order for this connection kit. Bloody annoying Bosch require this instead of just making a hose that fits directly like everyone else.

Looks like the Bosch connection kit has done the job. So if anyone else buys a Bosch dishwasher and finds the drain hose doesn't fit their waste Spigot the easiest fix is to get this, £4 something direct from Bosch.

Bosch maintain their dishwashers don't need anything extra and their hose will fit on any standard waste spigot, obviously this isn't the case.

Glad you got it sorted in the end Reck. I had same problem with a dishwasher when a woman moved house & had left the connector piece at her previous house. My local repair places didn't have the part.

This is the link that Bosch gave me - bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Mountingset/00088403
Not normally a problem when bought from new as is supplied, just unfortunate that whoever sold the machine to you did not give you all of the relevant connections. Glad its resolved and you can now use your machine.
OK i've placed an order for this connection kit. Bloody annoying Bosch require this instead of just making a hose that fits directly like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch dishwasher drain hose doesn't fit waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock