Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buttster

Hi my friends got a remeha combi boiler theyve had problems with it from day one.now its 5 year old and the expansion vessels gone and last year the blow off pipe froze so when there was to much pressure put in it didnt go out of the valve.any idea if theu have a case with remeha about it.

Thanks

has it been serviced and checked yearly ? was exp vessel checked ? why dont you ring remeha and ask if its covered ? :)

If the PRV pipe has frozen then it will be because water has leaked through the PRV if this is still in warranty and has been serviced yearly then they may have a chance of it being covered if it is not then the manufacturer will quite probably say it is not covered and if the frozen pipe was not rectified last year I would say you have no hope. If it has been a problem from day 1 then they should have been called in from the start.

Unfortunately the pressure in a boiler is constantly rising and falling ( Not to a degree that it is causing a problem) this can cause a problem with expansion vessels especially if the vessel is undersized for the system. It is a bit like a car tyre you wouldnt take that back after 2 years of use and say it went bang as if it used constantly it will have general wear and tear.

If the PRV pipe has frozen then it will be because water has leaked through the PRV if this is still in warranty and has been serviced yearly then they may have a chance of it being covered if it is not then the manufacturer will quite probably say it is not covered and if the frozen pipe was not rectified last year I would say you have no hope. If it has been a problem from day 1 then they should have been called in from the start.

Unfortunately the pressure in a boiler is constantly rising and falling ( Not to a degree that it is causing a problem) this can cause a problem with expansion vessels especially if the vessel is undersized for the system. It is a bit like a car tyre you wouldnt take that back after 2 years of use and say it went bang as if it used constantly it will have general wear and tear.

Hi milsy82

Thanks for that they had an engineer out after two weeks of it being fitted he to strip it down to fit new part so that tells me that the boiler was faulty from day one plus they auto air valve on the top of the boiler to relise the air out before going to the rads but they are still having to bleed them i put in 1.9 bar pressure as they had only put 0.5 bar plus the fan makes a wining noise they havent had it serviced in the time theyve had it which i told them that will contribute towards it and invalidate the boiler warrenty

air getting into rad is nothing to do with the boiler, any air vent on the boiler is to remove air from the boiler/ heat exchanger and not rads. You will always get air in one or two rads that may need bleeding on the odd ocasion. Having one faulty part does not mean the whole boiler is a problem, it got repaired under warrantee so thats no real issue. Sounds like you will waste your time as without regular service the warrantee is probably void anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock