Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate 2000 Gas Boiler noisey. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has recently moved to a 2 bed house built in 2003. It has gas central heating with a Glowworm 18 hxi condenser boiler and a BoilerMate 2000. She is complaining that the noisy gas boiler wakes her up in the night when it cuts in. I am learning about BoilerMates from the web where opinions seem to be sharply divided. As I understand it, the system has no way to shut the gas boiler down at night like a conventional central heating system. Would it be difficult for an electrician to have a timer with normal overrides installed that would shutdown the boiler and at the same time stop the central heating pump in the Boilermate from running. The gas boiler is on the ground floor in the kitchen and the Boilermate is on the floor above so I guessing it might involve lifting flooring to make electrical connection from one to the other. I realize this is defeating the object of the BoilerMate system which is to provide hot water at mains pressure and speedy heat up of radiators but these facilities would still be available during the day.

Last edited:
Turn down roomstat before going to bed, no call for heat, no boiler noise.

tank will still top up over night i turn mine of over night on the timerso yes it is possible

Steve correctly states as the thermal store cools overnight there will be a call for heat to maintain temperature. Your daughter's boiler also has a 5 minute pump over run, so a 2 minute fired boiler gives 7 minutes of pump noise. Electrician should put timer on call to heat signals without compromise to pump over run.

What about the central heating pump however. Will this not continue to run unless the room stat is also turned down? Thank you for your interest.

Yes central heating pump will run if a heating demand comes on overnight, this is why you should set times for the boiler to come on instead of just turning thermostat down slightly.
The timer on the front of the boiler mate is for your heating
The boiler mate has direct link with the boiler and will call for heat whenever it needs it to boost its temperature

Reading Gledhill' s Installation & Service Instructions I gather a two channel programmer can be installed in place of the time clock with minor adjustment of the Boilermate wiring. This, I understand, would enable the boiler to be shut down as required and stop the central heating pump from running. It would also save having to turn down the room stat.

Has any one had experience of having a two channel programmer installed? If so I would be very pleased to receive confirmation of the above.

Yes you can do this.
Remove the link between L and HW and wire the hw side of the dual channel programmer here.
Wire the CH side of the programmer between L and CH.

Just bear in mind if the store temperature drops below 60 overnight then when it turns back on in the morning the heating pump won't run (so no central heating) until the store is back up to temperature.

Thanks BLOD. It looks as if this is the route to take at the small disadvantage of a delay in getting the house up to temperature. I guess the DHW temperature might also be down a little but these disadvantages could be overcome by setting the Boiler ON time to,say, half an hour before getting up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boilermate 2000 Gas Boiler noisey. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock