Discuss Boiler swap. INTEC 40GS to Worcester Greenstar 32CDi Compact Combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

As much as I like the appeal of the technology coming from the country highly dependant on gas (Germany), and therefore knowing a good boiler, I can't see how it's better at this stage

Respectfully how would you know?

The Viessmann has...

Far better modulation 10:1 rather than 4:1 ish.
Stainless steel hex rather than aluminium
H2 ready
ViCare app
Wifi/interweb ready
Extendible warranty to 12 yr
Bolt on weather comp
More efficient
About the same price

The Viessmann has...

Far better modulation 10:1 rather than 4:1 ish.
Stainless steel hex rather than aluminium
H2 ready
ViCare app
Wifi/interweb ready
Extendible warranty to 12 yr
Bolt on weather comp
More efficient
About the same price

I believe the new Worcester eg 8000 is 20-1 like the old 200 which surprised me

You fitted many KoP? It's a touch deeper than the offered WB but I agree it's worth it. Didn't realise the HW flow rate was that good and I did the bliming course.
Ive fitted 3 up to now and another one lined up and all worked faultlessly weather compensation is great for a well insulated home and will definitely cut the fuel costs in my view far better than a worcester.

Thank you for the suggestion! Apart from WiFi I don't yet see why it's a better choice.

It's as large as our existing InTec G40 and as powerful
There will be a 10-year warranty on the Worcester too, as I was told

As much as I like the appeal of the technology coming from the country highly dependant on gas (Germany), and therefore knowing a good boiler, I can't see how it's better at this stage
You asked for advice and we gave it if you choose to not take it then its your proactive i hope it all works out. Kop

I wouldn't know! I meant that I haven't seen any 'pros' posted here. But you have provided some in your response. Thank you!

My point is that if someone had a fully functioning boiler covered by warranty, then they wouldn't upgrade solely based on the features you have provided.
But then again, maybe some people would. Thank you for the food for thought! I really appreciate you sharing the knowledge!

I wouldn't know! I meant that I haven't seen any 'pros' posted here. But you have provided some in your response. Thank you!

My point is that if someone had a fully functioning boiler covered by warranty, then they wouldn't upgrade solely based on the features you have provided.
But then again, maybe some people would. Thank you for the food for thought! I really appreciate you sharing the knowledge!

It didn't read like that but thanks for the clarification.

From memory I think the Viessman 100 is a fraction deeper (10cm?) than the WB compact 36CDi which is what you'd need for comparative performance of your existing boiler. As outlined above it is a far superior boiler for approximately the same cost so if you go for the boiler move to develop the stairs/loft I'd make room for it.

It didn't read like that but thanks for the clarification.

From memory I think the Viessman 100 is a fraction deeper (10cm?) than the WB compact 36CDi which is what you'd need for comparative performance of your existing boiler. As outlined above it is a far superior boiler for approximately the same cost so if you go for the boiler move to develop the stairs/loft I'd make room for it.
Fitting this one at the moment the new 100w 35 kw with built in wifi. Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20211102_132004177_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211102_132004177_HDR.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20211102_133129474_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211102_133129474_HDR.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Boiler swap. INTEC 40GS to Worcester Greenstar 32CDi Compact Combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock