Discuss Boiler service contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michaeljcliff76

Does anybody know what are the requirements for me to offer customers boiler service contract like bg npower eon do as i can do a better job than they do. I just dont know the legalities behind it all

the ability to fix it when it dies all call out and labour inc be careful in what you cover though i dont do timers or roomstats

Does anybody know what are the requirements for me to offer customers boiler service contract like bg npower eon do as i can do a better job than they do. I just dont know the legalities behind it all

Having a 3 Million+ customer base helps!!! Can kind of offset the expensive repairs against the payers who don't need repairs! :) :welcome: to the forum michael...76 :D

well i can fix them i just need to know if i can just offer them cover get there bank details and thats that

well i can fix them i just need to know if i can just offer them cover get there bank details and thats that

What if .. lol

What if your first custard has an unvented cylinder leaking? Live in an area of Ideal Isar's and all the neighbours tell them of a muppett offering a great contract that'll repair these heaps for ÂŁ140 a year? lol

well as im not wet behind the ears i will have exclusions.

I wouldn't bother. You wouldn't be able to have any time off you never be allowed to have a drink, and you couldn't go on holiday.

only offer this on your own installations where you know the system is good otherwise your on a slippery slope

Hi MichaelJCliff76

I think there are several questions mixed together here.

Any two or more people can enter into a contract - in this sense of the word, a contract is simply a legally enforceable agreement where both parties agree to do something. In the case of a boiler service contract, the customer agrees to pay you money regularly, and you agree to mend their heating if it breaks down, subject to certain conditions.

The next question is how to express that agreement and all the conditions clearly and without leaving too many areas of uncertainty - for that, you would need a lawyer - preferably one with experience in this field.

Finally, there is the question of whether this would be a wise contract to enter into for either you, or your customers. For example, for it to be attractive to your customers, you are going to have to guarantee a certain call out time - say within 24 hrs. Are you a big firm or a one-man-band? What if you go into hospital? Or, at the worst case, you die - people who have paid for their contract will expect their boiler fixed, whether you are ill, dead, or on holiday. As others have said - a service contract is actually a form of insurance - the payments from everyone whose system is trouble free pay for the occasional customer whose system keeps going wrong. Thats fine if you have 100,000 customers, but not so great if you have 20 - which might include 5 unlucky systems or lemon boilers.

I can't see it working unless you have a large business with several thousand customers, a dozen or so engineers, and some fairly heavy duty admin back up.

like most contracts its all in the wording. boilers will need to pass a pre contract inspection. repairs if needed will be paid for by customer before its taken on. if you can hear a boiler kettleing customer is told its going to need a power flush before taken on contract. more ÂŁÂŁÂŁ.
either way if they dont want to pay for these repairs and dont get on the contract there boiler is going to end up en even bigger bag of in the long run then they have to fork out for a new boiler then get ripped of by bg or npower if they prefer there terms.. But first and formost the main question was can i just offer customers a contract take there bank details and thats that ?????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler service contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock