Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler replacement advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi i hope i can explain my situation so that you can understand, i'm not a plumber but need advice.

I have a 25 year old gravity feed wall mounted boiler that runs perfectly as we have a log burner we only really use it for hot water.

The boiler is mounted on an internal wall with the flue going up through bedroom through the attic, it has 2 28mm pipes and 2 22mm pipes these pipes are boxed in with expensive porcelain tiles ( not keen to rip them of as they might be obsolete), the pump is behind a kitchen unit.

I would like to keep the hot water tank, i know this is not the most efficient boiler but for the times we use it it's ok.

Do Not want a combi

Doesn't sound like you're ready or need to change so wait til it packs in and you have no choice.

If the log burner is large enough perhaps consider installing a back boiler to be able to heat the the cylinder (twin coil) by an alternative means, that'll give you three options of heating water.

What I mean is that because everything works and you only use it to heat a bit of water I'd leave well alone. Gravity fed is not the optimum setup nowadays but you should be able to replace like with like with a regular heat only boiler that is yes gravity fed.

Reply to Boiler replacement advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock